- This event has passed.
FREE Webinar: Everything You Want To Know About Estate Planning & Asset Protection
December 1, 2020 @ 5:00 pm - 6:00 pm
Have You Been Putting Off Creating Your Estate Plan?
Does Your Trust Protect You From Nursing Home Costs?
The Rutkowski Law Firm invites you to attend a free estate planning webinar on Wills, Trusts and nursing home asset protection. Your hosts and featured speakers will be expert estate planning and elder law attorneys, Michael Rutkowski and Patrick Carrier. They will explain how to protect your assets and provide for your loved ones in the future. The webinar will conclude the with an open forum, question & answer session.
They will discuss important issues such as:
- QUALIFYING FOR MEDICAID: How you can protect your home and retirement nest egg from nursing home costs.
- TRADITIONAL ESTATE PLANS: Why they won’t help with nursing home costs and the type of plan that will.
- THE FIVE-YEAR LOOK BACK: How it works and why planning early is vital to protecting your assets.
- PROBATE & ESTATE RECOVERY: How it works, and more importantly, how you can avoid it altogether.
- PRESERVING YOUR MEDICAID ELIGIBILITY: The activities that you must avoid to not disqualify yourself from Medicaid benefits.
- INCAPACITY: Who will make your financial or medical decisions for you if you can’t for yourself?
- NURSING HOME POVERTY: Nursing Home Care in the Greater Detroit Area starts at $9,000 – $11,000 per month for a shared room. What are the most expensive mistakes families make?
- SPOUSAL ASSETS: Just because it’s in your name only doesn’t mean it’s safe. IRA? 401(k)? Inheritance? As far as Medicaid is concerned, if it belongs to you, it belongs to your spouse.
- PRE-PLANNING vs. CRISIS PLANNING: It’s never too late. While it’s best to plan ahead, there are almost always options available, even if someone is already in care.
Attendees receive a FREE 1-hour, private consultation to learn how to protect your assets against long-term care costs!